About the Partnership
We provide support and expertise directly to funded arts and cultural organisations via the Creative IG Tools, training, and resources, so that sustainable ways of working can be rapidly embedded across the sector bringing financial, as well as environmental, benefits.
The renewed partnership will deliver a nationwide programme of workshops, webinars, resources and leadership dialogues - and much more to help push for change at all levels.
In 2012, Arts Council England became the first arts funding body in the world to embed environmental sustainability into the funding agreements of its major programmes. This move was based on a conviction, that environmental sustainability is no longer a 'nice to have' but a business critical issue and an essential building block for a resilient arts and cultural sector.
Findings from the first annual report illustrated that oranisations are engaging and seeing financial, reputational and other benefits.
Arts Council are also looking to recognise, support and celebrate the inspirational work that increases environmental sustainability.
Sustaining Great Art: Year 1 Results
Julie's Bicycle is providing
- A free-to-use online suite of carbon calculators, called the Creative IG Tools, which enables organisations to measure the environmental impacts of their energy and water use. These have been developed over a number of years and have been designed to reflect the specific sectors and activity types represented by funded organisations.
- Telephone and email support for organisations learning how to use the Creative IG Tools and developing environmental policies and action plans
- Online resources to assist organisations with the development of environmental policies and action plans. Please note Julie's Bicycle will not be able to review policies and action plans.
- Analysis of the environmental reporting results for the Arts Council England on an annual basis.
- An annual programme of webinars and workshops across England to support organisations with their reporting requirements.