Hard Rock Calling and O2 Wireless
Sustainability initiatives included:
Waste and recycling:
- All waste was sent to an offsite sorting company which extracted and recycled over 30% of festival detritus.
- A local charity collected curtains, drapes and wood from the site to be re-used locally.
- Over 400 litres of used cooking oil was converted into sustainable biodiesel.
- Over 300m of plastic fencing used onsite was produced from recycled PET bottles.
- Temporary water fountains was installed in the park so the audience can get free water during the events rather than using bottled water
Live Nation distributed an information sheet to artists that outlined their sustainability initiatives and encouraged artists to do their bit .
In addition to promoting public transport to and from the event via the event websites, Live Nation provided an offset service for audience travel emissions via Emission Statement. This cost 40p per person and over 7,000 people from O2 Wireless and Hard Rock Calling offset over 220 tonnes of CO2 with Gold Standard certified projects in Malawi and Taiwan.